Our wake up knock today was at 5:15 in the morning; we needed to be on the boat by 5:45 am, just as the sun was rising. We headed off towards the ExplorNapo Lodge, one of the other lodges owned by the Explorama company, 75 miles away. This time the boat was much smaller and much faster, and it was just us, Willy, and a driver. There is a Canopy Walkway near the Lodge the longest canopy walkway in the world (or so we're told). Justin had seen this and wanted to do it this was the reason for our 2 day trek into the Amazon. The two days in Iquitos were at the expense of one day in Rapa Nui and one day in Lima, which were in our original plan.

We ate breakfast with the people from ExplorNapo at 7:30, right when we arrived. We ate quickly, then headed off on a 20 minute trek through the rainforest to get to the base of the Canopy Walkway. The mosquitoes were not quite as bad as around Ceiba Tops, and we weren't stopping nearly as often either.

The Canopy walk, all told, is 600 meters long. There are 14 platforms, with walkways in between. The highest platform was about 130 feet above the ground. The walkways looked as though they were made of material similar to extension ladders, but laid out horizontal. Underneath the ladder material was a steel mesh, and on top were wooden boards to walk on. On the sides there were tension cables and rope cables, with mesh netting going between the rope cables and the base of the walkway. It was probably very safe. We saw many flowering plants and colorful insects.

After we were done with the Canopy Walk, we started the hike back to ExplorNapo Lodge on a different trail. On the way back to the Lodge, we saw Tete Monkeys and Tamarinds in the trees, plus a large black bird with a bright yellow tail, called a Crested Caracara. We then came to a botanical garden in the jungle. There was a Shaman there, who had recently caught a cobra that he had on a stick. The garden is tended by the Shaman, who also uses the plants to cure the local people. He showed us the different plants, and told us about the uses for each of the plants. He gave us a piece of a plant referred to as "Jungle Anesthetic" to chew on, and sure enough it numbed our mouths in a matter of seconds. He also applied the sap of a plant called Dragon's Blood to some mosquito bites Justin had. The sap caused the bites to stop itching.

We then finished the walk to ExplorNapo Lodge. We arrived there at about 10:45 AM. We were scheduled to eat lunch there, which wasn't until noon, so we waited in the lounge area until lunch time. While we were sitting in the lounge, we saw a blue headed parrot also hanging out in the lounge, and chewing on some of the wood handicrafts that were for sale. The bird came over to see us at the table we were sitting at, until one of the employees at the lodge came over to take him outside. There was also a Capybara outside that we were able to get some pictures of. The Capybara is the world's largest rodent, and Willy estimated that the Capybara we saw weighed around 200 pounds.

About that time, lunch was ready, and we ate. Willy then told us that we wouldn't be leaving until about 1:45 PM because we would be taking someone to the Explorama Lodge, which is between the ExplorNapo Lodge and Ceiba Tops. We spent some more time hanging around the lounge area, and then headed back to Ceiba Tops. We arrived at around 5 PM . Dinner was at 7:30 PM, and since we were leaving early the next morning, we just showered and packed, then went to the lounge for a Pisco Sour and dinner.

While waiting for dinner, we heard many of the conversations of the drunken tourists nearby. The wife in one of the couples looked straight off of Rodeo. She did not look at all comfortable in the middle of the rainforest. She and her husband were talking with some other Americans, and at one point the conversation turned to their respective walks in the rainforest and bug sprays. The lady said she hated mosquitoes, and used "two different kinds" of bug sprays. Justin quipped "I didn't think mosquitoes could chew through plastic."

After dinner, a group of children from a nearby city called Indiana came to perform. They performed four dances, and also showed us a local drink that is made from a local root. The women chew on the root and then spit it into a container. That mixture ferments for about a week. The fermented root is then mixed with the muddy water from the Amazon River, and is served as a welcome drink to guests. Fortunately, when the Indiana girls offered us the drink, they didn't really expect us to take any. It was interesting to see, in any case. We then went to bed, since Willy told us we would need to be on the boat to go to the airport by 4:45 AM.